If you are interested in becoming a pharmacy technician, you will want the best education possible before you attempt to get your start in the field. You will only want to attend one of the top 10 pharmacy technician schools that are accredited and offer the course content you are seeking. Here are your top options for both online and traditional education in no particular order.
1. Brown Mackie College - The associate degree offered here covers medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, medical administration, and pharmacy procedures. Plus, businesses courses give graduates an edge in the field.
2. Everest College - Basic material like anatomy and physiology, nutrition, and pharmacy administration are taught at this college. Is has a widespread program that is available on campuses in 14 states across the country, allowing it to rank among the top 10 pharmacy technician schools.
3. Kaplan College - Two degree options are available here depending on which campus you attend. If you go to the Denver, Colorado campus, you will benefit from the certificate program. Diploma programs are offered in Arizona, California, Nevada, and Wisconsin. Classroom training is emphasized, and the instruction is provided by experienced professionals, allowing this college to be placed on the list of top 10 pharmacy technician schools.
4. National College - There are two degree options here that you can select from. The first is a diploma program and the other is an associate degree. You will learn various categories of study including law and ethics, medicine calculations, human relations, and administration. You will also gain a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
5. Remington College - Along with the basic courses required of all pharmacy technician students, those who attend this college also benefit from NPTA sterile products certification. Students are also prepared for the PTCB's certification exam required to enter the field, making it one of the top 10 pharmacy technician schools.
6. Sanford-Brown College - Texas and Ohio provide students with the chance to study here. Both the diploma and certificate programs require lecture, lab, and clinical portions to graduate.
7. Sanford-Brown Institute - Pharmacy computing, billing, and customer service are all important concepts you will learn from this institute on the list of top 10 pharmacy technician schools.
8. US Career Institute - With an online option like the one offered here, you can complete your certificate program in as little as four months. You will learn about the human body and its functions, drugs and dosage, operations of a pharmacy, and more, all from the comfort of home. Thanks to the online flexibility of this program, it is available nationwide.
9. Virginia College - Despite the name, this college has campuses through the South. Counter dispensing, patient consultation, and prescription preparation are all emphasized here. Graduates can expect to find jobs in hospitals and retail settings once they finish their formal education.
10. YTI Career Institute - The diploma program at one of the two Pennsylvania campuses can be completed in one year. Various topics are covered, and guidance in a successful career and development of graduates' professions is also highlighted.